Which star sign are you born under? Do you have that constant itch for a swig of liquor, impatiently looking forward to that stiff drink on a Friday night after a hard week’s work? Do you find it difficult to stop drinking after one cocktail and do you often regret having had just one too many, particularly when you can’t remember what happened the night before? Does your memory fail you when you try to remember who you slept with? Oh dear! Perhaps astrology and studying your Zodiac star sign can give you a deeper insight into this question and why, if you answered yes you should read on.
Astrology is a wonderful tool for helping you understand the genetic predispositions as outlined in your horoscope. Armed with the time and place of birth, a horoscope is drawn showing where the planets were at that moment and which star signs were prominent. Naturally, there are some star signs which gravitate towards escaping life’s problems and using alcohol as the crutch it was never meant to be. Let’s not jump the gun, however, because there are of course environmental factors that shape your psychological and emotional development which in turn affect your destiny. You must also look at how each individual will contextually handle the environment that they are born into with the genetic inclinations that make up who they are.
Those houses of the Zodiac in your horoscope which relate to the sixth, eighth or twelfth houses also give you an indication of those habits which are likely to be your undoing, those practices, and activities which are detrimental to your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. In reading the following material take note of the star signs which rule your sixth, eighth and twelfth houses and briefly read those star signs as well to gain a greater insight into how alcohol may affect you.
Aries: The sixth house for you is Virgo, the eighth, Scorpio, and the twelfth, Pisces
Taurus: The sixth house for you is Libra, the eighth, Sagittarius, and the twelfth, Aries
Gemini: The sixth house for you is Scorpio, the eighth, Capricorn, and the twelfth, Taurus
Cancer: The sixth house for you is Sagittarius, the eighth, Aquarius and the twelfth, Gemini
Leo: The sixth house for you is Capricorn, the eighth, Pisces, and the twelfth, Cancer
Virgo: The sixth house for you is Aquarius, the eighth, Aries, and the twelfth, Leo
Libra: The sixth house for you is Pisces, the eighth, Taurus, and the twelfth, Virgo
Scorpio: The sixth house for you is Aries, the eighth, Gemini, and the twelfth, Libra
Sagittarius: The sixth house for you is Taurus, the eighth, Cancer, and the twelfth, Scorpio
Capricorn: The sixth house for you is Gemini, the eighth, Leo, and the twelfth, Sagittarius
Aquarius: The sixth house for you is Cancer, the eighth, Virgo and the twelfth, Capricorn
Pisces: The sixth house for you is Leo, the eighth, Libra, and the twelfth, Aquarius
Some of the statistics on alcohol are quite shocking and to give you some idea of the extent of the carnage that it reaps on individuals, families, and society as a whole take a look at these statistics. Bear in mind that these numbers are a throwback to some years ago and therefore these figures would be substantially higher now.
- Can you believe that in the US these statistics include children 12 years and over and that 6.6% of the population, that’s a whopping 16 million people, are prone to binge drinking not just on the weekend but at least five days per month!
- Over 1.5 million arrests for driving under the influence occur each year
- Over 15,000 people are killed on the roads every year as a result of alcohol – in the US alone. Consider that globally and you start to understand the ramifications of excessive drinking and driving in terms of the sheer loss of life
- In Europe as well, it’s estimated that approximately 10% of all disease and illness which results in early deaths each year can be attributed to alcohol. Over 25 million people are alcoholics in Europe-a large percentage of the population.
- There’s a long-standing misconception that the use of marijuana is the gateway drug to heavier drugs however research now shows that children who drink are 8 to 10 times more likely to give heavier drugs a try including cocaine and heroin. Over 30% of teenagers who drink heavily also engage in heavy drug use.
- In the mid 2000’s there were almost 200,000 alcohol-related admissions to hospitals in the UK yearly with an increase of those illnesses escalating by around 7 to 10% each year
- Criminal behavior also seems to be exacerbated by the excessive use of alcohol with estimates of up to 50% of those crimes also attributable to booze.
I think you get the point on just how dangerous and out-of-control this problem is now within our society and the points raised above don’t even start to talk about the social and familial issues that arise out of the abuse of alcohol. So what does astrology have to do with all of this you ask? Can astrology in any way help us understand who is at risk of abusing alcohol and actually being affected by this? Are there any star signs which are more prone to alcohol abuse or alcoholism and the consequences of getting plastered day in and day out?
If you’re plagued by drinking issues remember that astrology is only a very general guideline to your drinking habits and that perhaps you need to consider looking at more traditional ways of overcoming these habits especially if drinking is affecting your lifestyle and health. In any case, let’s take a look at what each of the star signs reveals about your drinking habits.